FECO, or full extract cannabis oil, is a potent marijuana concentrate. It’s made by extracting cannabinoids and terpenes from the Cannabis plant. This process can be done with either fresh or dried flowers. FECO has a high THC content, which makes it great for treating medical conditions like pain, anxiety, and insomnia. It can also be used to make edibles, topicals, and other cannabis products. In this guide, we’ll show you how to make FECO at home. We’ll also provide some tips on how to use it safely and effectively.
What is FECO?
Full extract cannabis oil (FECO) is an incredibly potent type of medicinal cannabis that is made by extracting all of the active compounds from the plant material. This process allows for a much higher concentration of cannabinoids, terpenes, and other beneficial compounds than what is typically found in traditional cannabis flowers. As a result, FECO can provide patients with a wide range of therapeutic benefits.
In order to make FECO, growers must first start with a high-quality cannabis strain that is rich in trichomes. Once the plant material has been harvested, it is then placed into a solvent like alcohol or CO2 in order to strip away all of the active compounds. The resulting solution is then evaporated off, leaving behind a highly concentrated oil that contains all of the plant’s medicinal properties.
FECO typically ranges in THC content from 50-90%, making it one of the most potent forms of cannabis available on the market today. However, it’s important to note that this Oil can also be made using CBD-rich strains of cannabis for those who are looking for more therapeutic benefits without the psychoactive effects associated with THC. No matter which type of FECO you choose, it is sure to provide you with powerful relief from a wide variety of conditions.
The Different Types of FECO
There are different ways to make FECO, and the type of oil you end up with will depend on the method you use. Some common methods include using a solvent like CO2 or butane to extract the cannabinoids from the plant material, or using heat and pressure to create what’s called “rosin”.
Butane extraction is considered to be the most effective way to create FECO, as it results in a purer oil. This method involves passing butane over cannabis plant material in order to strip away the cannabinoids. The downside of this method is that it can be dangerous if not done properly, as butane is highly combustible.
CO2 extraction is another popular method for making FECO. This method uses pressurized CO2 to extract cannabinoids from the plant material. CO2 extraction is considered safe and effective, but it can be more expensive than other methods.
Heat and pressure can also be used to create FECO, without the use of any solvents. This process is known as “rosin” extraction, and it results in an oil that is less potent than those made with solvents. Rosin extraction is considered to be safe and easy to do at home, making it a popular choice for those new to making their own cannabis oils.
The Pros and Cons of FECO
There are a few things to consider before making FECO, including the pros and cons. On the plus side, FECO is very potent and can be used to treat a variety of medical conditions. It is also easy to make at home using simple equipment and ingredients. Additionally, FECO has a long shelf life and can be stored for months or even years.
However, there are also a few drawbacks to FECO. The most notable is that it can be difficult to dose correctly due to its potency. If too much is taken, it can lead to unpleasant side effects such as paranoia and anxiety. Additionally, FECO can be messy and smelly to make, and it requires the use of flammable solvents. Overall, FECO is a powerful medication with some potential risks and drawbacks that should be considered before making or taking it.
How to Make FECO at Home
If you want to make FECO at home, the process is actually pretty simple. All you need is some high-quality cannabis, a solvent (like Everclear), and some basic kitchen equipment.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to making FECO at home:
- Start with high-quality cannabis. This is key – the better the quality of your starting material, the better your final product will be.
- Grind up your cannabis and mix it with your solvent. This can be done in a coffee grinder or food processor.
- Place the mixture in a mason jar and seal it tightly.
- Place the jar in a water bath and heat it to around 200 degrees Fahrenheit. This will help extract all of the THC from the cannabis into the solvent.
- Let the mixture infuse for at least 12 hours, preferably longer if you can manage it.
- After infusing, strain out the plant matter using a cheesecloth or similar strainer. It would help if you now had a greenish-colored liquid containing all the THC from your starting material.
- Pour the liquid into a glass container and store it in a cool, dark place. Your FECO is now ready to use!
What to Do with FECO
When it comes to consuming FECO, there are a few different methods that can be used depending on your preferences. One popular method is to simply place a small amount under your tongue and let it dissolve. This method allows the oil to be absorbed directly into the bloodstream for quick relief. Another common method is to add it to food or drinks. This is a great option for those who want to avoid the taste of the oil or want to control their dosage more easily. Simply add the desired amount of oil to your favorite recipe or beverage and enjoy!
How to Make FECO Oil
Cannabis oil is becoming increasingly popular as a medicinal treatment for a variety of conditions. FECO, or full extract cannabis oil, is a type of cannabis oil that contains all of the plant’s cannabinoids, terpenes, and other beneficial compounds. This makes it a more potent option than other types of cannabis oil, which only contain some of the plant’s compounds.
FECO is typically made using high-quality cannabis flowers and trim. The plant material is first soaked in a solvent, such as ethanol or CO2. This extracts cannabinoids, terpenes, and other compounds from the plant material. The solution is then heated to evaporate the solvent, leaving behind a thick, potent oil.
Making FECO at home is possible, but it requires careful attention to detail and a few specialized pieces of equipment.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to making your own FECO oil:
- Gather your supplies. You’ll need high-quality cannabis flowers or trim, a solvent (such as ethanol or CO2), a heating element (such as a hot plate), glass jars or beakers, and cheesecloth or coffee filters.
- Decide on your ratio of cannabis to solvent. A typical ratio is one gram of cannabis per milliliter of solvent.
- Grind the cannabis into small pieces using a grinder or food processor. This will help extract more cannabinoids from the plant material.
How to Make FECO with Everclear
To make FECO with Everclear, you will need:
- 1 gram of cannabis flower or trim
- 1 cup of Everclear
- 1/4 teaspoon of sunflower lecithin
- Decarboxylate your cannabis by preheating your oven to 245 degrees Fahrenheit and placing your material on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 45 minutes, then remove from the oven and let cool.
- Add the decarboxylated cannabis and Everclear to a mason jar or other glass container, making sure to use a ratio of 1 gram of cannabis to 1 cup of solvent.
- Add the sunflower lecithin to the mixture and stir well. Let the mixture sit for at least 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
- After 24 hours have passed, line a funnel with cheesecloth and place it over a clean glass jar. Slowly pour the FECO mixture through the funnel, allowing it to strain into the jar below. Once all of the mixtures have been strained, discard the leftover plant material.
- Your FECO is now ready to use! Store it in a dark, airtight container and enjoy it as needed.
How to Make FECO at Home
When it comes to making FECO at home, there are a few things you need to know. First, FECO is made by extracting all of the cannabinoids, terpenes, and other compounds from cannabis. This can be done with a variety of methods, but the most common is using a solvent like CO2 or ethanol.
Once you have your extract, it needs to be mixed with an oil like olive or coconut in order to be used in an edible form. The ratio of cannabis extract to oil will depend on your preferences, but a good rule of thumb is 1g of extract per 10-15ml of oil.
Once you’ve mixed your FECO and oil together, it’s time to start cooking! You can use FECO in any recipe that calls for oil, just be sure to substitute the same amount of FECO for oil. Keep in mind that because FECO is highly concentrated, a little goes a long way. Start with small amounts and increase as needed until you find your perfect dose.
Now that you know how to make FECO at home, it’s time to get cooking! Whether you’re whipping up some brownies or frying up some chicken, your meals will be even better with a little bit of FECO.
How to Make FECO with Magical Butter Machine
Making FECO with a Magical Butter Machine is super easy!
- Decarboxylate your cannabis. This can be done by spreading it out on a baking sheet and baking it at 240 degrees F for about 40 minutes.
- Grind up your decarboxylated cannabis and add it to the Magical Butter Machine along with 1-2 cups of olive oil or coconut oil.
- Set the machine to “FECO” mode and let it do its thing! After about 4 hours, your FECO will be ready to strain.
- Pour your FECO through a cheesecloth-lined strainer into a clean container. Be sure to squeeze all of the oil out of the plant material so you don’t leave any behind.
- Store your FECO in a cool, dark place and enjoy as needed!
How to Grind Marijuana to Make FECO
Assuming you have already decarboxylated your cannabis (converted THCA into THC), the first step is to grind it. Grinding exposes more surface area of the cannabis to the solvent, resulting in a more efficient extraction.
There are a few different ways to grind cannabis. The most important thing is to break up the buds into small pieces, without reducing them to dust. If the pieces are too large, they won’t be fully extracted. If they’re too small, the final product will be too oily.
A coffee grinder or blender can work well for this purpose. Just pulse the device until the cannabis is in small pieces, being careful not to overdo it. You can also use a sharp kitchen knife to chop up the buds by hand.
Once you’ve ground your cannabis, it’s time to start extracting!
FECO is a potent form of cannabis oil that can be used to treat a variety of conditions. Making your own FECO at home is relatively simple and only requires a few ingredients and supplies. With this guide, you should have everything you need to make your own FECO. Give it a try and let us know how it goes!